No products in the cart.
WELCOME TO THE CONFEDERATION OF ORGANIC FOOD PRODUCERS & MARKETING AGENCIES (COII)
The Confederation of Organic Food Producers & Marketing Agencies, popularly known as COII, is an umbrella body of all the stakeholders in India; be it farmers, producers, collecting centers, processors, buyers, sellers, importers, exporters, seed and technology providers, banks & financial institutions, state and Central governments, etc.
The Confederation, since its inception, has been promoting and protecting the interest of all the stakeholders in the organic food industry and providing a collective voice for the industry. The Confederation promotes the industry’s general ideal, commercial, and business interests, particularly by fighting unfair competition and providing information and changes in technology. In addition, the Confederation plays a very significant role in connecting the farmers with the technology providers, the latest developments emerging in the organic food industry, seed providers, and buyers within and outside the country.
The Confederation strongly believes collectively in the industry association – Gives you a sense of community
– Help you stay up-to-date on industry news and trends – Offer valuable networking opportunities
– Provide access to resources
– Provide meaningful networking opportunities with a broad range of expertise and experience. The industry can collaborate and learn from each other without sharing proprietary data or trade secrets
The need for such a collective industry body has been necessitated because the global organic food market size was valued at USD 183.35 billion in 2022 and is expected to be worth around USD 546.97 billion by 2032, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 11.60% during the forecast period 2023 to 2032.
Just to give a brief idea, (Source: Precedence Research)
– The North American organic food market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.3% from 2023 to 2032.
– The Meat, fish, and poultry segment accounted market share of around 21% in 2022.
– In 2022, the frozen foods segment accounted revenue share of 11.3%.
– The global fruit & vegetables segment will reach at a valuation US$ 194 billion by 2032.
– Europe’s organic food market is projected to surpass around US$ 186 billion by 2032 with a registered CAGR of around 14%.
– By product, the fruits and vegetables segment accounted for 42% market share in the year 2022.
– By distribution channel, the offline segment accounted for 42% market share in 2022.
– By distribution channel, the offline segment accounted market share of around 67% in 2022 while online garnered 35%.Read more
SIZE OF THE FOOD MARKET IN INDIA
– Revenue in the food market amounts to US$ 905.20 billion in 2023. The market is expected to grow annually by 8.40% (CAGR 2023 – 2028).
– The market’s largest segment is the segment bread & cereal products with a market volume of US$ 174.30 billion in 2023.
– The market size of organic food was worth about 22 billion Indian rupees in fiscal year 2021. The size of the organic food market is likely to increase to about 64 billion Indian rupees by the financial year 2025.
LARGEST MARKET FOR ORGANIC PRODUCTS
– In terms of consumption, the United States is the country with the biggest market for organic food.
The Research Team at the Confederation is working on a state-wise study on the current size of the organic farming, potential, and policies/ fiscal support available from the Centre and State governments and shall be made available to all those interested.