No products in the cart.
Objective / Mission
The mission and objectives of the Confederation are to provide a strong and unified national voice for domestic certified organic producers in India and facilitate the marketing agencies.
- To support a farmer-led national organic farmer movement.
- To develop and advocate policies with the Centre and State Governments that benefit organic farmers all over India
- To develop infrastructure to strengthen and support the capacity of organic farmers and farm organizations
- To support, collaborate, and develop leadership among state, regional, and national organic farmer organizations.
- To help the farmers get their products certified by globally recognized certifying agencies
- To help marketing agencies link with organic farmers and
- To connect them with their counterparts and importing organizations in India and abroad.
- To promote nature-friendly, scientific, farming systems and practices that are economically viable, energy efficient, and climate-friendly.
- To help organize farm-households and families engaged in organic farming and connected activities into a recognizable entity that will effectively represent their interests at local, state, regional, and national levels.
- To enable farm-households engaged in organic farming to create the necessary infrastructure and facilities for them to select and save.
- To work with Central and State Governments to announce policies for the promotion of organic farming in India.
- To conduct research and study on organic farming and implement promotional activities in organic farming and sustainable lifestyles;
- To organize exhibitions of organic produce in India and abroad.
- To take farmers’ delegations abroad to study and adopt organic farming
- To conduct workshops/seminars/conferences in India and abroad.
- To accept any gifts, donations, subscriptions et
- c. whether in cash or securities and to purchase, lease, or otherwise acquire any property and to construct, alter, manage, sell, mortgage, or let out such property.
- To borrow or raise any money required and to invest in such manner as determined, by the Government Body.
- To establish or aid institutions, funds, trusts, etc. calculated to benefit employees of The Confederation of Organic Food Producers and Marketing Agencies (Organic Kheti), or the dependents of such persons.